Using Templates in Feedback
I created a feedback survey in one course, and saved it as a template. When I try to access and use that template for another course, it shows no template available. Should I not be able to use a survey template for another course or section?
In fact this is Moodle's shortfall when creating Feedback templates. Only administrators are able to save a template for public/site-wide use. Unfortunately at this time, Moodle cannot save a template for each individual instructor for their private course use. However, there is a workaround.
Instructors are able to export/import questions created in a Feedback activity to be used in another course/section.
- Go to the Feedback activity you want to copy from.
- Click on 'Templates' tab.
- Then click on 'Export questions' (You will be prompted to save an XML file to your desktop, save the file).
- Then go into the Feedback activity in another course/section.
- Click on the 'Templates' tab.
- Then click on 'Import questions'
- You can choose to 'delete old items' (fresh import of questions) or 'append new items' (include existing questions).
- Drag & Drop the file you saved in step 3.
- Then click 'Yes' button.
- Done! Your questions should all be imported.