Students unable to reply to forum postings
Why are students unable to reply to forum postings?
If you have set your forum to Groups Mode: Separate groups or Visible groups, you must create a separate topic for each group to respond to.
- Before you create your new topic, select the group from the drop down list (top left).
- Create a posting (you will see the group name appear in the Group column.
- Repeat for each group.
- Visible groups will be able to see other group topics but they won't have a reply button. Separate groups will only see the topic assigned to them.
- As the teacher you can view the topics for all participants or view them by group using the drop down menu
NOTE: this only works if you choose "a standard forum for general use". If you choose "a single simple discussion" forum, this is incompatible with groups.
- Using Group mode in Moodle Docs