Stop email notifications
I have way too many notification emails from Moodle. Moodle sends me email notifications every time student submits an assignment or posts to a forum. How do I turn off email notifications for every time a student updates in my course?
There are actually a few solutions to minimizing or completely stopping Moodle email notifications.
There are 2 settings for assignments activity that notifies the instructor about submissions and late submissions. To turn these notifications completely off, follow these steps:
- Go to the assignment.
- Click on gear icon > 'Edit settings'.
- Open the 'Notifications' section.
- Ensure 'Notify graders about submissions' = 'No' and 'Notify graders about late submissions' = 'No'.
There are two ways to reducing or eliminating email notifications for forums:
You can also adjust your daily digest setting coming from Moodle to your e-mail and how it is displayed.
- Click on your name (top right corner) >Preferences> Forum preferences.
- There is an item called 'Email digest type'. You can change this from 'No digest' (receiving one e-mail per forum post) to 'Digest - complete posts' or 'Digest - subject only'.
While you are here (in your profile), you can customize your popup notifications and email notifications.
- Go to Notification Preferences.
- You are able to select which notifications you get for all the different activities and system announcements.