Sort the Gradebook using groups
Do you have multiple sections in your Moodle course? Would you like to mark each section separately? This could be easy with a few students in your class. But much harder when your course is massive with lots of students. It could turn into a nightmare!
Fear not! There is a solution.
- Go to activity setting.
- Under the 'Groups' tab, change 'Group mode' to 'Visible groups'. Then 'Save changes'.
- Setup the number of sections in your course using groups. Go to Participants tab from left nav menu> Cog icon >Groups.
- Click 'Create group'. Create a group for each of the different sections.
- Your sections (groups) will display under groups. Now, add students to each of the groups. Select a group/section, then click 'Add/remove users'.
- Under 'Potential members', select students to add to the group/section and click 'Add'.
- Do this for all the other groups/sections.
- Go to the gradebook. You should now see under 'Grader report' a drop-down menu with your groups/sections.