What is it?
Quickmail is a messaging system in Moodle that allows teachers (and students, if allowed by the teacher) in the course to send regular e-mail messages to participants in the class via Moodle.
How do I add Quickmail?
- Go to your course and Turn editing on
- On the right-hand side, in the 'Add a Block' select Add... 'Quickmail'.
- You should see a Quickmail now on the right-hand side
Default system settings
These default settings are found in the 'Quickmail' block > Configuration. They can be changed by the teacher.
- Allow students to use Quickmail: No
- Roles to filter by: Teacher, Non-edting teacher
- Prepend Course name (to e-mail message subject): Short name
- Receive a copy: No
Where does the email go?
- Quickmail is sent to the email address in teacher(@kpu.ca)/student(@email.kpu.ca) profile address.
- Alternate address: Quickmail has an alternate e-mail address setting; it's used as an alternate FROM/SEND address, not as an alternate destination to receive Quickmail messages.
- Teacher's copy of sent message is sent to their profile e-mail address.
- Student replies to a Quickmail message with an alternate FROM address will be sent to the alternate address.
- Email address on the Moodle Messaging settings page only refers to Moodle Messages, not Quickmail.