Insert images into Moodle
NOTE: Rule of thumb, keep your image resolutions as small as possible!
How can I insert images into Moodle?
There are more than one way to insert images onto Moodle. The two simplest ways to insert an image is using either ways:
- Upload the image file to your files area in Moodle
- If files are uploaded, choose it from the files area to display
You can do both steps by using the insert image icon.
- Click on the "Add activity or resource" and choose "File".
- Enter the name and and then in description file, click on image icon.
- Click on the 'Browse repositories...' button. (The File Picker window will open)
- Choose an image that has already been uploaded using one of the options or upload a new image.
- Enter text in the "Image description" box (this is for accessibility purposes) and set dimensions.
- Click 'Insert'.
- Check the "display description on course page" box, if you want to display image on course home page
- Save changes.
- Re-size your image (suggested max. 300x300 pixels) - PowerPoint has a option to re-size images - before uploading to reduce loading time for your students.
- Try to use a consistent size for all your images.
Moodle Docs on Inserting Images