How to use groups to separate participants by sections
I have a merged course but the users/participants are all in one participants list. I want the participants to be separated by their respective sections. How do I do this?
This can be solved by using groups in Moodle.
- In the Participants > Gear icon. groups
- Click on the "Create group" button
- In "Group name", fill in one section/course. Then "Save changes"
- Repeat step #3 if you have other sections or merged courses
- Now under "Groups:", select one of the group and click the "Add/remove users" button
- Under "Potential members", select all the participants under that section/course and click the "Add" button (they should show up under "Group members") Once finished, click "Back to groups"
- Repeat step #5 and #6 for your other section/course
Once you're done, go back to your participants list and you should see that you can select participants by sections (groups which you have created).