How to install CaptureSpace on PC
To install CaptureSpace on your PC, simply follow these simple steps.
CaptureSpace will NOT work on a Thin Client. If you are on a Kwantlen laptop/PC, you are able to install CaptureSpace without IT's assistance. However, you would likely need to connect to a wired connection and reboot to have the updated group policy apply correctly before attempting to install.
- Login to KPU Media.
- Click on "Add New" > "CaptureSpace"
- If you have not installed CaptureSpace, it will prompt you to Download the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder software. Click on "Download for PC"
- Go to your Downloads folder and open the downloaded (EXE) file. It will install like any other PC applications. Once installation has finished, you should see this message below.
- If you do not have the latest .NET Framework you will need to download the latest .NET Framework first before continuing to install (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53344).
- Now reload the CaptureSpace window in your web browser. You may receive several prompts that a 3rd party application is trying to open. (There maybe different prompts depending on the web browser you are using.) Select the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder and click "OK"
- Done! The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder should open and you can start recording