How to add video content to your course
It is now easy to add video content to your Moodle course. There are a couple ways of doing so.
Add media content via ATTO editor
This is by far the easiest and most direct way to add your media content to your course page.
- Go into your course
- Go to anywhere that has the ATTO text editor in which you want to add your media content and click on the "Kaltura Media" icon on the editor
- You can now choose to add existing media that you've uploaded or Add new media. A list of upload options are listed here.
- Once you've selected your media, a tiny piece of code will be inserted into the textbox
- Save changes. And you should now see your media displayed on your course page
Add media via Kaltura Video Resource
Alternatively, you are able to add your media through adding a resource.
Using this method, limits the ability to add a single video to a page.
- Go into your course. Turn editing on
- Click on "Add an activity or resource" to the section/week you wish to put your media content
- A popup will appear. Under Resources, select "Kaltura Video Resource". Then click "Add"
- Like any new resource, put in the details. Under "Video", click on "Add media"
- This will open up "My Media" and you will be able to add your any existing media that you've uploaded or Add new media. A list of upload options are listed here.
- Once you've selected your media, click on "Save and return to course" or "Save and display"
- You should now see a new video resource created
Add media via Kaltura Media Gallery
Another way, you could add a whole collection of media to your course is via "Kaltura Media Gallery". Every course has its own gallery. In here, you can control whether students are able to add their content to this gallery. (By default, it is moderated - which means only approved content will be displayed to the entire class.)
- Go into your course. In the Navigation block, click on Current course > Kaltura Media Gallery
- To add media, click on "Add to Channel"
- My Media will open by default, and you are able to check (using the checkbox) which video you would like to Publish to the Course Gallery or you may choose to Add New media content.
- Once you've selected which media to add, click on "Publish"
- Your content is now added to the Course Media Gallery. All users in your course are now able to see the media when they go into the Kaltura Media Gallery in the course.