How do I share my media
There are several ways in sharing your videos/media in KPU Media (Kaltura). By default, all media you upload to KPU Media are set to 'Private'. This means that the media you upload will be visible only to you - the owner.
Publish my media
The first step to sharing is to publish your video/media. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the media page for the media you wish to publish or if more than one media, select all media you wish to publish in My Media
- Click on 'Actions' > 'Publish'
- By default, the media is set to 'Private'. We want to change this to 'Unlisted', which allows you to share your media with a link. (Depending on your permissions level, you may see the 'Published' option as well. The 'Published' option allows you to make your media visible to channels or categories which you are a member of.)
- Once you're done, click 'Save'
Once you've published your media, you can now share your video/media in 2 ways (via embed or a link).
Sharing via embed is delivered by an iframe embed code. This will embed your video/media directly onto a page.
- Go to the media page for the media you wish to share
- Click on 'Share' > 'Embed'
- Select the player size (by default, player size selected is 400x285)
- Select the embed code text box and copy it onto your computer's clipboard (Ctrl+C for PC, Command+C for Mac)
- Then paste the iframe embed code to wherever it takes an embed code.
Sharing via link will deliver a link for anyone to click on it to view your video/media.