Email students in Groups
Instructor had setup groups in Moodle wants to send group email to students in which the instructor has already put students into assigned groups. How do I send email to each individual groups?
There are two solutions which will do exactly that.
The first solution is through the use of Quickmail.
- Add Quickmail to your course.
- In the Quickmail block, click on 'Compose New Email'
- Under the 'Potential Sections', select the group you want to send email to, then click 'Add'.
- Continue to write the e-mail subject and message and then send.
The second solution is through the Moodle messaging system with a few tweaks.
- Go to your course, go to Cog/wheel icon (top-right corner), click 'Edit settings'.
- Under the 'Groups' heading, select 'Visible groups' for Group mode.
- Under the Navigation block, select 'Participants', under 'Visible groups' select the group you which to email.
- Then click 'Select all', With selected user... 'Send a message'.