Course condensed layout options
The teacher asked:
"[I] would like to display the site with the current week expanded and all other weeks collapsed. [I] want the students to [be able to] expand other weeks on their own as needed."
Option One: Collapsed Topics
- Go to 'Edit settings' under the Cog/wheel icon (top-right corner).
- Under the section 'Course format' > Format > select 'Collapsed Topics' (the page will refresh automatically)
- Scroll down and click 'Save changes'
A few new settings will appear under the heading “Course format”. I’d recommend leaving the default settings as they are and taking a look at your course. Come back to these settings and change them one at a time, going back and forth between the settings page and the course homepage to see the effect of the changes. Click on the question mark icon next to each setting for more information.
“Set structure” has an option for highlighting the current week. (Make sure your course start date is set to the correct date.)
One more thing: If I were to continue to tweak this layout, the next thing I'd do is use the "Set elements" setting to get rid of the word "Toggle" that shows up on the grey bars at the end of the subject line.
Option Two: Weekly format
This will list all the sections in your course in a condensed format (headings with small side note detailing the number of assignments and resources within that section), and the current week will be gently highlighted with a pale yellow background.
- Go To 'Edit settings' under the Cog/wheel icon (top-right corner).
- Under the section 'Course format' > Format > select 'Weekly format' (the page will refresh automatically)
- Under the heading 'Course format', confirm that Course Layout is set to “Show one section per page”[[Category:ArshUpdated