Clear web browser cache
The cache in every major web browser temporarily stores data, images, and other things of websites you visit to speed up your browsing experience. But this also stores outdated items that does not get refreshed.
How do I clear my web browser cache?
I want to clear my web browser cache. Here's how for the most widely used web browsers out there!
- Click the menu icon > then choose "Options" (on PC) or "Preferences" (on Mac)
- Click on 'Advanced' (gear icon)
- Select the 'Network' tab
- In the 'Cached Web Content' > click on 'Clear Now'.
More documentations on Mozilla Firefox support site.
- Click on the Tools button (gear icon) > Internet options
- In the 'General' tab, under 'Browsing history' > click on 'Delete' (The 'Delete Browsing History' window will appear)
- Check the following boxes:
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Click the 'Delete' button when ready.
- Back in 'Internet Options' > click 'Apply' > then 'OK'
More documentations on Internet Explorer 11 support site.
- Click on the menu icon > More tools > Clear browsing data...
- In the drop-down menu 'Obliterate the following items from:' > select "the beginning of time"
- Then select the following:
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Click the 'Clear browsing data' when ready.
More documentations on Google Chrome support site.
- Click on 'Safari' on the menu bar > Preferences
- Select 'Advanced' (gear icon)
- Check the box on the bottom 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' (if not already checked, a 'Develop' menu should appear in the menu bar)
- Click on 'Develop' on the menu bar > Empty Caches
More documentations on Apple Support Communities site.