Attribute images in a Moodle course
How do I properly attribute images in my Moodle course?
Images or pictures obtained off the web or scanned from a print source, that you use in a presentation or research paper, must be cited. Exceptions to the need to provide a citation to an image include Royalty free clip art, such as the clip art available in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint. As a general rule, the following elements should be included in the citation:
- Artist’s Name, if known
- Title of the image, if known (if not, use a description)
- Institution where held, if known.
- Title of article or book (if applicable)
- Author of article or book (if applicable)
- Title and Date of journal (if applicable)
- Database name (if applicable)
- Date of access if online or publication if originally from print material
- URL (if applicable)
The attribution should be placed immediately below the image