Adding other instructors/guests to my Moodle course
IMPORTANT: Adding a student to my Moodle course
DO NOT MANUALLY ENROLL STUDENTS IN YOUR COURSE, THIS IS HANDLED VIA BANNER. UNLESS IT IS A COMMUNITIES & PROGRAM COURSE SITE.
Steps to add users to a course
Check that the Manual Enrollment method is enabled:
- Expand Navigation menu (top-left) > Participants > click on Cog/Wheel icon > Enrolment methods
If you don't see Manual Enrollments in the table, you can add it from the Add Method drop down menu. You only need to do this once in each course.
Adding a user manually:
Expand Navigation menu (top-left) > Participants > Click on Enrol users (button, far right)
- choose an appropriate role (Student, Non-editing Teacher, Teacher) from the Assign roles drop-down menu
- use the search box (on the bottom) to find the user you wish to add
- click on the "Enrol user" button.
- DONE! (wait a moment for the list of enrolled users to refresh)
Giving Guest Access:
Expand Navigation menu (top-left) > Participants > Cog/Wheel icon > Guest Access.
- choose "Yes" for "Allow guest access".
- You can also create Password.
- send the URL of the course and password to the user whom you want to give guest access.